Constantin Dascălu (1879-1935) is mainly known in the Romanian archaeology for his involvement, as representative of the Romanian government, in the excavations carried out in Cucuteni, by the German archaeologist Hubert Schmidt in 1910. In this capacity, he was also involved in the selection and shipment to Berlin of archaeological finds, on which he also wrote two short papers. In spite of his brilliantly pursued university studies and doctorate in Germany, Constantin Dascălu worked as history teacher in a Roman High-School. His heritage seems now to be much more important for the national scientific and cultural heritage than previously known. The paper presents a set of documents and manuscripts acquired by History Museum of Moldavia, as well as several other ones in the property of the family. All these contribute to better knowledge on the life and work of Romanian archaeologist Constantin Dascălu.