Constantin V. Ostap, graduate of the Faculty of Electrotechnics (1952), was one of the most active publicists passionate of the history of the old capital of Moldavia. His first writings, close to his main profession, refer to the introduction of electric lighting and of the electric tramway public transport. The author then focused on the history of certain institutions, buildings and personalities of Iași. Alone or in collaboration with other authors, he published almost 20 books dedicated to the memory of the city of Iași. Constantin Ostap wrote interesting pages on the Palace of Culture in Iași, on the Science and Technique Museum or the Ethnographic Museum of Moldavia. Several texts signed by him were published in the periodicals of “Moldova” National Museum Complex of Iași.