The Church of St Athanasius and Cyril, documented in the 17th century and rebuilt in its present form in the eighteenth century, is a less famous historical monument. During March 2017 preventive archaeological researches were carried out at the church of St. Athanasius and Cyril, the results of which are necessary for the elaboration of the Church Restoration Project. These investigations provided some new elements regarding the church’s past, some of which explain the process of differential land compaction. The treading level specific to the church foundation epoch was established, and also the existence of another church foundation built according to the same plan was highlighted. An old cemetery around the church was found, one of the skeletons revealing also a Hungarian coin issued in 1517; these data provide clues that allow specialists to increase the known age of the church, sometime to the 16th century. On this occasion, the church archive, which had been deposited in the attic, was taken over from the parish by the “Moldova” National Museum Complex of Iași. The archive contains documents from the mid-nineteenth century until 1983.