Alexandru Grigorovici was born on 5 June 1894 in Iasi, from a family of lawyers. He studied at the Academy of Arts in Iași between 1907-1913, where he was a colleague with Richard Hette and Otto Briese. Ever since his academic studies, he was considered endowed with an extraordinary talent (the grades he obtained were comparable to those of Nicolae Tonitza). In the years 1909-1910 he applied for the „Lecomte du Noüy” Award of the Romanian Academy, and obtained the 1st Prize. In 1916, Romania entering the war, the painter was mobilized. For a while he served as a designer by the Grand Staff, where he used to draw various maps. During the same year, he participated in the exhibition of the mobilized artists, organized in the Academy of Arts building. Alexandru Grigorovici died in November 1916 in the battle of Călugăreni (at the age of 24). Thus, the Romanian plastic art lost an artist who could have become a reference name. The works that remained behind him are very few (several portraits, some nude studies, landscapes and static flowers with flowers), about 25 art works in total. Most of them are part of private collections. To his memory, the family donated 30,000 lei to the Academy of Arts (1923) to establish a scholarship for the most meritorious students. Among the beneficiaries of this prize, awarded until 1937, will be the painters Alupi, Agafiţei, Camăruţ, Ispir, Popovici.