The study focuses on the assembly of constructions which presently belong to the University of Pharmacy. The neoclassical building which housed the Old University previously served as the headquarters of the Princely Court between 1789 and 1792. This Palace was named, in various epochs, the Climachi/Ghica/Rosetti/Bals House and was built up by the Treasurer Mihai Cantacuzino-Deleanul, around 1760 as a dwelling place. The building housed the University founded by Alexandru Ioan Cuza around 1860. Based on the archives filed from the fund of the City Hall of Iasi, the entire surface of the nowadays “Nation Square” was studied. The documentation pleads for the conservation of the entire urban context which preserves several historical monuments of great importance for the history of the ancient capital of Moldavia.